Resources for School Librarians - Index
Up to Top
- The Four Basic Ebook Models for K - 12 Libraries - An article by Peyton Stafford, May 11, 2017.
- E-Book Usage in School Libraries - A report by Library Journal and School Library Journal, September, 2015. 56% of schools surveyed provide e-books, but students seem to prefer print books.
- Getting to E: The State of the School Ebook Market - An article which discusses various facets of the use of e-book by Matt Collett in School Library Journal, Sept. 2015.
- Kindle Education: School FAQ - From Amazon.
- EduKindle - A blog on the use of Kindles in education.
- Lending E-Readers in the School Library: Part 1 - An article by Travis Jonker in School Library Journal, Jan. 2012.
- Lending E-Readers in the School Library: Part 2 - An article by Travis Jonker in School Library Journal, Feb. 2012.
- Introduction to e-Reader Use - A basic lesson plan for beginning e-reader users. Some details of your e-reader may differ from the ones in this lesson plan. This is from YelloBric.
- When an ebook is the Best Book - This is an article by Addie Matteson in SLJ, July, 2016. Five situations when an ebook may be best.
- Going Digital: Using e-Book Readers to Enhance the Reading Experience - A lesson plan for using e-readers with grades 2 - 4. This plan is by Lotta C. Larsen
- Top 8 Tips for Using Kindle Readers in the Classroom - From Education World
- Cornwall-Lebanon School District eReader Policy - This is a policy for e-readers which the students borrow from the school.
- E-Reader Acceptable Use Policy - St. Raymond Academy.
- E-reader Policies and Procedures - Samples from Libraries - Many are from public libraries but they may give you some ideas.
- Book Wars: iPad and Kindle on Trial! - a clever video about the competition between paper books and ebooks. It was filmed in a Chicago school library.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.