Resources for School Librarians - Index
Up to Top
- Getting A Read on the App Stores - Results of the analysis of apps for children by the Joan Ganz Cooney Center, Dec. 2015. There are recommendations for developers, teachers, and parents.
- The Best Apps for Teaching and Learning 2016 - From the American Association of School Librarians.
- Common Sense Education - a free review source for apps, console and computer games, and web sites for K - 12 education from Common Sense Media. There are also lesson plans.
- Apps Reviews by School Library Journal.
- The Top Ten Apps of 2015 - Selected by Daryl Grabarek for School Library Journal, Nov., 2015.
- Teachers With Apps - Reviews of apps.
- The best BYOD tech tools for the Common Core classroom - "With just 4 categories and less than a dozen tools, educators can hit a lot of Common Core standards". This is an article by Denise Jaffe in eschool News, June, 2016. (BYOD is Bring Your Own Device).
- The 52 Best Apps for Your Classroom in 2015
- Ten Must Have iPad Apps for Librarians - From Educational Technology and Mobile Learning, October, 2015.
- Apps for Book Lovers - From App Advice.
- Open eBooks - An app which will make available free ebooks to disadvantaged students.
- 100's of Android App Recommendations for Teaching and Learning - a list of lists of Android apps by Kelly Walsh, April, 2015.
- Android 4 Schools - a blog for android apps.
- Best Apps and Websites for Learning Programming and Coding - For all grades from Common Sense Learning.
- Best Apps for the Flipped Classroom - From Common Sense Learning.
- The Best Apps For Reading Ebooks on the iPad - an article by isabel Farhi, Sept., 2013.
- The Best Mac Apps for Reading e-Books - by Peter Cohen, Sept, 2014.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.