Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Web Sites for Students Menu / Mathematics
General Math Topics and Math Games
- Math is Fun - This site has lots of information, and it also has a math dictionary.
It also has good math games.
- Coolmath - Help with learning things like addition, multiplication, fractions, decimals,
and algebra. This site also has cool games.
- The Math Forum: Student Center - Problems,
puzzles, contests, tips & tricks, and chat areas.
- Free Math Help - Lessons and problems for grades 1 - 11. This site explains math topics very clearly.
- Ask Dr. Math - Problem you can't solve?
Submit it to Dr. Math, but check the archives first to see if it has already been answered.
- Solving Math Word Problems - This is a guide to the correct way to solve word problems.
- AAA Math - Learn and practice all kinds of math
skills for grades 1st through 8th.
- Math Playground - Math games, word problems, and logic puzzles.
- Middle School Math Games
- A Plus Click Math - Test your math skills for grades 1 to 12.
- Maths Chase - Math game for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Math League Help Topics - Math help for grades 4 - 8. Everything from whole numbers to algebra.
- Math Planet - For high school or advanced middle school students. This has explanations with videos for geometry and algebra.
- Math Projects for Science Fairs - From Science Buddies.
- Who Wants Pizza? - A fun way to learn about
fractions. This is a really good introduction to fractions.
- Fraction Tutorial - a neat way to learn about fractions.
- Fractions - Help with equivalent fractions, adding, subtracting, multiplying,
and dividing fractions.
Math Tables, Formulas and Coversions
Special Topics in Math
- Create a Graph - If you need to make a graph, this site will help
- Free Online Graph Paper - Print your own.
- Homework Help at Algebra.Com - Interactive solutions of
- Mr. Robb's Math Videos - If you take algebra or calculus, you will find these videos by Mr. Robb very helpful. There are lots of them on YouTube.
- The Primes Page - Everything that you ever
wanted to know about prime numbers.
- On Roman Numerals - This page
explains Roman numerals and has a handy box for converting from Roman to Arabic numerals or from
Arabic to Roman.
- The Mega Penny Project - Have you
ever wondered how big a pile of ten billion pennies would be? Take a look at this site for piles of
pennies from 16 pennies to one quintillion pennies.
- Tessellations - Learn about tessellations and make some your self at this site by 42Explore.
- Symmetry and Pattern in Oriental Carpets -
Explanations of the elements of symmetry, asymmetry, and patterns and see examples in Oriental rugs.
History of Mathematics
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, school librarian (retired). Please address any
comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.