Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Resources for Teachers and Parents Menu / Art and Music
Lesson Plans for Art and Music
- EDSITEment - Links to humanities lesson plans and
web sites by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- ArtsEdge - A clearinghouse of lesson plans for art, music, dance, and the visual arts.
- KinderArt - A large collection of art lesson
- Refrigerator to Renoir: Great Art Lessons on the Net - Lesson plans from Education World.
- Visual Arts Lesson Plans and Web Quests - From New Hampshire Public Television.
- Learner.org - Professional development and teaching resources. Videos marked VoD may be watched online. This site is by the Annenberg Foundation.
- Art-Rageous Lesson Plans - this site is by a high school art teacher.
- Google Art Project - Take your class to visit some of the great art museums in the world.
- Crayola - Collection of lesson plans for all grade levels using
- Blick Lesson Plans - Note that they have video lesson plans. This site is by Blick Art Materials.
- School Crafts - Craft activities which are related to holidays or other events during the year.
- Adobe Education Exchange - Digital photography and video projects
- Utah State Fine Arts - Standards for both elementary and secondary schools This includes both art and music.
- 24 Tools for Digital Art and Music Creation - free or inexpensive apps for art and music.
- Jan Brett - Your students may enjoy watching the video instructions in how to draw from this skilled author and illustrator. This is also a good way to link art instruction to literature studies.
- Art History Resources on the Web -
Directory of web sites for all aspects of art history.
- National Gallery of Art - Learning resources.
- Education at the Getty- Resources for the K-12 Art teacher.
Lesson plans, professional development, and links to art sites on the web.
- Modern Teachers - Lesson guides and plans from the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
- The Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History - from the Metropolitan Museum. This is not a lesson plan site, but it is a great resource with timelines, essays, and art works.
- Web Exhibits - Browse for ideas at this interesting collection of web sites which explore
art, history, and literature.
- The Philadelphia Art Museum - Resources for educators.
- Philadelphia Public Art - Search for public art in
Philadelphia by title, artist, year, building, or person portrayed. There are also virtual tours of
public art in the city.
- Art Classrooms and Bulletin Boards - From Pinterest.
Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Resources for Teachers and Parents Menu / Music
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian. Please address any
comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.