Resources for School Librarians - Index
Collection Development Policies and Procedures in School Libraries
"It does not matter how many books you may have, but whether they are good or not."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca (3 B.C.-65 A.D.), Epistolae Morale
- Information Access and Delivery - A guide for policy writing and collection maintenance by the Purdue University School of Library and Information Science.
- Average Book Prices, 2017 - School Library Journal, March, 2017.
- Average Book Prices, 2016 - School Library Journal, March, 2016.
- Average Book Prices, 2015 - School Library Journal, March, 2015.
- Average Book Prices, 2014 - School Library Journal, March, 2014
- Privacy & Surveillance - Library Privacy Guidelines from the American Library Association.
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Students in K - 12 Schools - From the American Library Association
Collection Development Policies
Up to Top
- Why Have a Technology Policy in your School or Library - From Scholastic.
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Use - Haverford Middle School. This policy includes student and parent forms which must be signed for student to use computers.
- Internet Policy - Jr/Sr High School Library, Salamanca, NY
- How to Create Social Media Guidelines for Your School - An article by Steven Anderson at the Edutopia web site.
- Five Ways to Keep Social Media From Being a Legal Headache - an article by Bradley Shear in THE Journal, 3/17/02015.
- Creating Social Networking Policy - By the National Library of New Zealand, April, 2011.
- Social Media Policies - for staff and students, School District of New York City.
- Bishop Lynch High School Social Media Policy - Dallas, TX
- Social Media Policy - Sewickley Academy, Sewickley, PA.
- Social Media Policy for Employees and Associated Persons - Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Social Media Policy for Students - Los Angeles Unified School District.
- iPad Policies and Procedures - Keystone School, San Antonio, TX
- e-Readers and e-Books - More information on acquisition of both books and readers
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Students in K - 12 Schools - This addresses the need to protect student data.
Up to Top
- A Simple Book Repair Manual - by the Dartmouth Libraries
- Preservation - An online resources for preservation of materials by the Northeast Document Conservation Center.
- Book Repair Manual - by Gary Harrison of Indiana University Libraries. This site has repair instructions, and many definitions and descriptions of book repair terms and materials.
- The Preservation of Pop Up and Moveable Books - By the Baldwin Library. This is a video.
- Book Arts Web - Information on bookbinding, repair, and conservation. This site also has links to related sites.
- Digital Preservation - This is a video from the Library of Congress. You may find it helpful in preserving your personal digital files like e-mail and photos.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, school librarian (retired),
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.